Thinking Outside the Box - Easy Grilled Pizza
This summer, find the makings of great grilled pizza in the Deli Department , where incredible toppings are found in nearly every corner. Find a variety of crusty options, plus imported cheeses and Boar's Head deli meats. Hit the Olive Bar for not only olives but roasted tomatoes, roasted garlic and olive tapenades, too. Pick up just the right amount of spinach, onions or other veggies on the Salad Bar and look for ready-made stand-ins for traditional pizza "sauce" in the form of gourmet savory jams (such as those from Stonewall Kitchen and Robert Rothschild Farm) and Kowalski's Signature Spreads. Our recipes for Romesco and Pizzaiola Sauces pair perfectly with Kowalski's Fresh Hand-Pulled Mozzarella and fresh chopped basil.
- Stonewall Kitchen Old Farmhouse Chutney or Roasted Garlic Onion Jam, crumbled fresh goat cheese, toasted chopped pecans and mixed baby greens
- Shown at right: Romesco Sauce, Kowalski's Hand-Pulled Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, artichokes, Kalamata olives, fresh basil, Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Kowalski's Fresh Ground California Sea Salt and Kowalski's Fresh Ground Whole Black Peppercorns
Other Suggested Toppings
- Kowalski's Signature Salsa di Parma
- Kowalski's Signature Herbed Cream Cheese Spread
- Kowalski's Signature Spinach Artichoke Spread
- Kowalski's Fresh Ricotta Cheese
- Kowalski's Parmesan Cheese
- toasted pine nuts
- fresh sliced tomato
- thinly sliced prosciutto
- pepperoncini (on the Salad Bar)
Head to the Wine Shop at our Woodbury, Eagan or Hennepin Markets (June 2012)
for these organic Italian wines to pair with your pizza creations:
Red: Saladini Pilastri Rosso Piceno
A spicy blend of 50% Sangiovese
and 50% Montepulciano from Le Marche.
White: Rocca di Tufo Orvieto
Though slightly more robust than Pinot Grigio,
Umbria's most famous wine shares a similar palate.
Culinary Director Rachael Perron will host A Pizza Grilling Party in our Woodbury Market on June 21. Click here to register online.
Selection and availability vary by market.